The awesome Animoog synth app is now available for the iPhone and iPod Touch, so it's not just iPad users that get all the fun! With its host of unique features and amazing sound, the Animoog is one of our favourite apps here at Absolute Music.
Its main features include:
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
• Timbre page - Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
• Polyphonic Modulation - Users simply slide their fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
• Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Users asily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding their fingers.
• Delay Module - A classic analogue style ping-pong delay.
• Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
• Moog Filter - The classic Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
• Record Module - Users can record a performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support Copy/Paste
• Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s XY space to create new expressive and shifting sounds.
• Orbit Module - Users control the rate of orbit in the XY space around the path they created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
• Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
• MIDI In - Use a Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
If the Animoog app floats your boat like it does ours, then click the link below to visit the iTunes store!