Best Home Studio Bundle For Under £300

Posted on Tue 14 March 2017 in entries

Just to make things clear off the bat, we've already assumed you have a decent computer and recording software. This video is just based purely on the hardware only. Taking that into account, there are loads of free options that you can go for regarding recording software like:

Protools first
Audacity or Presonus Studio One (the free version) to name a few.

Also, you could invest in more powerful software like Cubase or Ableton

The Interface

So jumping straight in with the audio interface, we are going for the Audient ID4; two inputs and two outputs. What I really like about it is the robust construction and the fantastically clean audio preamps you get for the price point. You are definitely getting bang for your buck with this little fella.

If you've checked out the Audio Interface video we did awhile back, you know that we featured the iD14, the big brother to the iD4. The Audient iD4 is a slimmed down version but still packs a punch like its other family member. With this piece of gear you have the potential to record an instrument input and microphone at the same time. giving you the freedom to lay down your ideas at a drop of the hat.

The Microphone

So next up, an interface without a microphone is like a piano without keys or a table with no chairs, in other words, incomplete. So what I've gone for is the Se Electronics SEx1 or the sex 1 as i like to call it.

The thing i like most about this condenser is its simple features, it has a bass cut and 10db pad switches. This Condenser Mic is an all rounder. With it You'll be able to record vocals and acoustic guitar for example, just make sure you switch on the 48v phantom power that you'll need to make this mic work.

On top of that, it's a great idea to add a pop shield to the mic. It helps with sibilance and reduces breath noises when recording vocals.

Next up is a Stagg boom mic stand. Its not the worlds best Mic stand in the world but it does the job at a low price point. The mic boom stand is a microphone boom stand with a strong, sturdy tripod base. plus being lightweight with folding legs, it's the ideal stand to collapse down to save storage space.

Headphones

Last but not least, we have the Headphones.

I've chosen Shure SRH240 headphones over monitors for this set up purely on the fact that you can get far better sound quality from a pair of headphones at the same price as some really dirt cheap speakers. Unless you're willing to spend a few hundred pounds on a set of half decent monitors, I would suggest getting yourself the highest quality headphones you can afford. You can always get a sweet set of monitors later on down the line.

So there it is...

The grand total of this home studio is under £300. So that means you got some room to play around with for more cables and accessories. Or Maybe you wanna upgrade the headphones to the next step up.

Regardless on what extras you get, this little set up is ideal to dip your toe into the wonderful world of audio recording. If you're at all interested in this little studio bundle, be sure to check out the link below.

Audient iD4 Complete Recording Bundle for under £300

So that's it! Hope this little video has inspired you to start making music, and i'll see you in the next one.